Los Algarrobos, as well as most of the estancias at that time was a self sufficient unit made up of the chalet and its outbuildings. A tour through the facilities makes it clear that all the family and workers´ needs for their subsistance were produced within the property boundaries.
The chalet has more than twenty rooms, including the service areas. It is a testimony of the typical architecture of the late 19th and the early 20th century. It is also a living document of the pioneering spirit that encouraged foreigners´ settlement on Argentine territory.
In its history Los Algarrobos holds a landmark in the organization of agricultural exploitations in Argentina, since the first perimeter fence in a field in Córdoba province was built here. This also accounts for its founder´s progressive ideas and pioneering attitude.
John Benitz died in an accident in Cruz Grande in 1916. He had a fertile life full of achievements and contributions to the communities he was part of. Around 1930 his heirs divided the field into three ones: La Gloria, El Venado and Los Algarrobos. John Benitz 2nd took over Los Algarrobos until 1953 when he sold the property to a family named Gorostiza, who lived in Buenos Aires. He emigrated to England, where he died some years later. The Gorostiza family projected the chalet restoration but it wasn´t carried out. Instead they sold it ten years later.
In 1963 the property is bought by the firm Oscar J. Peretti and others - Establecimiento Los Algarrobos SH, constituted by several partners. In 1982 the firm redistributed properties and it assigned Los Algarrobos to its current proprietors, the members of Establecimiento Los Algarrobos SA. In 2007 they started the exploitation of the manor house as corporative service through L.A. SRL.